Pressure ulcers are preventable, yet a recent study concluded that on average 16.7% of patients develop pressure ulcers in skilled nursing facilities and hospital patients develop pressure ulcers at an alarming rate. The cost of treating each pressure ulcer in a SNF costs an average of $7,000; in a hospital the cost ranges from $15,000 – 50,000.
Clinicians and caregivers need better tools to help reduce the incidence of pressure ulcers. The BAM Labs Position Change application has been proven to improve recorded position changes by 65.3%, verified position changes by 155.2%, and the amount of time documenting position changes by 40.1% — saving staff 72 seconds per position change, or 90 hours per month in a 100 room SNF.
Scheduled Position Changes 100% Verified
- Record position changes via iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad (or any internet connect device)
- See the duration since the last position change
- Receive automated reminders for the next position change
- Validate position changes and ensure compliance with the standard of care
- Helps raise position change awareness for staff
- Training tool for management to spot opportunities for improvement and compliance
- Improves efficiency – know precisely when patients need to be repositioned
- Position changes can be custom scheduled for each patient
- Closed loop protocol providing accurate position change documentation
Just the Facts
11 million Americans over the age of 65 experience a fall each year with 1.6 million ending up in the emergency room for treatment, and each treatment costs an average of $19,600 (source CDC).
Often times, patients stay in bed too long.
Caregivers can track the duration of time someone is in bed to monitor rehabilitation programs that require daily activity for faster recovery.
Our resting heart rate is one indicator of overall health and a predictor of health issues.The BAM Labs Heart Rate monitoring application measures heart rate trends all night, every night while you sleep.
The Smart Bed Breathing Rate monitor measures breathing rate trends all night, every night while you sleep. BAM Labs easy to read daily reports are color coded to help you interpret high, low and normal breathing rates.
Poor sleep has been directly correlated with higher risks of strokes and heart disease.
The BAM Labs Sleep Analysis application monitors nightly sleep quality by comparing sleep duration, restlessness …